What You Should Know About your Battery and it's Charger

The ability for your battery to last long or not is dependent on the kind of charger your use. Most often we use chargers of all kind to charge our batteries but we know little about what our batteries needs

Chargers have input and output rating which can be found on them by carrefully observing the charger head whereas phone batteries have an input current and voltage which can also be found by also carefully observing the battery itself. If your battery is internal then you have to google your phone on the internet and find out the rating of your battery. The rating of a phone battery has to do with how much it can take from the chargers input voltage and current. Whereas a charger on the other hand has both an input and output voltage and current. The input voltage and current for a charger has to do with how much current and voltage is generated and is passed through the cable of the charger to the USB (Universal Serial Bus) pin to charge the Phone.

Assuming a phone battery input rating upon checking is 1.5A 5V, that means the charger I should have must have it's output as 1.5A 5V. Below that will cause the charger to charge the phone slower than it ought to and above that will cause the charger to charge the phone faster hence weaking the battery little by little. So make sure when you are using a charger that never came with the phone, check to be sure the ratings for both the charger and the battery are alike before charging. Fast chargers are basically high rated chargers, only few people realise. Watchout for the kind of chargers you use to charge your phone. Make sure your phone battery's rating and the charger's rating match and save money on buying second grade batteries after the original battery is dead

I hope this knowledge was useful. Please help someone to understand by sharing. Thank you!

By Daniel Kabu Asare

Got questions? Email me at: popekabu@gmail.com